To: Administrative Officers, Deans, Department Chairs, Directors, Faculty in the UCLA Anderson School of Management, Vice Chancellors and Vice Provosts
A search/advisory committee has been assembled and charged with identifying candidates for dean of the UCLA Anderson School of Management.
Jayathi Y. Murthy, the Ronald and Valerie Sugar Dean of the UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science, is chair of the committee. Other members are:
- Sushil Bikhchandani – professor of decisions, operations and technology management; professor of strategy
- Brian J. Farrell – member, UCLA Anderson Board of Advisors; adjunct professor
- Mark J. Garmaise – professor of finance; Robert D. Beyer ’83 Term Chair in Management
- Paola Giuliano – associate professor of economics (global economics and management)
- Rosa L. Matzkin – Charles E. Davidson Professor of Economics
- Robert S. Murley – chairman, UCLA Anderson Board of Advisors
- Margaret J. Shih – Board of Advisors Term Chair Professor in Management and Organizations; senior associate dean, FEMBA and Full-time MBA programs
- Suzanne B. Shu – associate professor of marketing
- Brett Trueman – professor of accounting
- Eric M. Zolt – Michael H. Schill Distinguished Professor of Law
To enhance the search effort, we have retained an executive search firm, Korn Ferry, represented by John Amer, Victoria Antolini and Ken Kring.
Since the most effective way to identify outstanding prospective candidates is through personal contact, I would very much appreciate your circulating the announcement below and notifying the search/advisory committee of any individuals you feel are exceptionally well qualified for the position. The committee also welcomes input on ideal qualities and qualifications for the dean; current opportunities, challenges and priorities that could help set the agenda for the school; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts. Please email nominations and input to AndersonDeanSearch@conet.ucla.edu or contact Traci Considine, manager of executive recruitment in the Office of the Chancellor (firstname.lastname@example.org). Inquiries and applications may also be sent to our consultants at UCLAAnderson@kornferry.com. All correspondence will be held in strict confidence.
Thank you for your assistance.
Scott L. Waugh
Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost