UCLA Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost
To: School of Public Health Faculty
As recently announced by Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost Scott L. Waugh, a search committee has been charged with identifying candidates for the next dean of the UCLA School of Public Health.
I am very pleased to serve as chair of this committee. Other members are:
- Onyebuchi Arah – associate professor of epidemiology; associate dean for global health, UCLA School of Public Health; director, UCLA Center for Global and Immigrant Health
- Ron Brookmeyer – professor of biostatistics
- Jonathan E. Fielding – director of public health, Los Angeles County; professor of health services and pediatrics
- Patricia Ganz – professor of health services and medicine
- Marjorie Kagawa Singer – professor of community health sciences and Asian American studies
- Thomas Rice – professor of health services
- Beate Ritz – vice chair and professor of epidemiology; professor of environmental health sciences and neurology
- Fernando Torres-Gil – chair and professor of social welfare; professor of public policy; director, Center for Policy Research on Aging
As a critical part of the search process, the search committee seeks input from the School of Public Health faculty. We invite you to meet with the committee on Friday, December 2, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m. in 33-105 CHS, to share information and insights regarding the search.
In preparation for this meeting, you may wish to consider the challenges, opportunities and/or ‘critical needs’ that might set the agenda for the next dean; areas in which you feel the school might strengthen its current engagement for greater impact; ideal qualities and qualifications for the position; and any other information or insight that will help guide the committee’s efforts.
If you are unable to attend this meeting but wish to provide input to the committee, please forward comments to PublicHealthSearch@conet.ucla.edu at any point during the search.
Following is the position announcement. Please circulate the announcement broadly, nominate any individuals you feel are exceptionally well-qualified, and/or express your own interest in the position. Please forward nominations and applications to Witt/Kieffer consultant Beth Taylor (UCLAPublicHealth@wittkieffer.com, 212-686-2676). All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential among members of the search committee.
Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.
Chair, Search Committee for Dean of the UCLA School of Public Health
Dean, Anderson School of Management